Saturday, August 19, 2006

It's New And Improved!

Truth seekers and readers looking for local flavor, Newsstand Greg is back from the blogless sabbatical!

Needed some time off to consider what my priorities need to be. And whether I have anything to say. Heh, heh. Yes, I do.

Plus, my next birthday looms. The Big 6-oh. 60. I'm in presidential company, both George W. and Bill Clinton are getting used to being 60 years of age this year. In fact, the Census Bureau estimates that 7918 people will turn 60 each day in 2006.

In Santa Barbara county, there are 64,921 of us over 60; the majority, 36 percent, live in Santa Barbara. The second largest population of 60+ live in Santa Maria. All the numbers come from reliable 2000 U.S. Census Bureau data. Have a happy "Boomer" birthday!

Blogwise: You'll notice we have consolidated the North SLO blog page into the primarily SLO-oriented CCNewsMission home page. We have kept the most active writer's blog pages and hope to give you a fresh item here nearly every day. Wish me luck. As an added incentive to visit again soon, there will be no lengthy, fund-raising "pledge break" paragraphs. Not that there's anything wrong with one.
Perhaps getting older is good for me. --Newsstand Greg

Sphere: Related Content
blog comments powered by Disqus