Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Morninglory Music Moving On

Just browsing the online Lompoc paper and this news hit me. Now there's no place in Lompoc I can visit and check the old and new music CD's and discover something great.


Morninglory Music on H Street is closing at the end of the year. I will miss the place.

Don't tell me "there's always Wal-Mart!" Yes, but it will be a cold day in you-know-where before I set foot in one. Got my reasons.

I first heard Jimmy Eat World and The Verve at Morninglory Music. The clerk must have had some extra sensory perception that these tunes would get me to buy the disc.

There's still a thrill in holding the little package, liner notes and graphics. Can't do that with an intangible mp3 file, but what the hey. If I really need the "strolling down the aisles" fix, I'll drive down to the Morninglory Music main store on State Street in Santa Barbara.

There's enough volume of record buyers to keep that store alive. And that will have to be enough for me.

Late Note: July 21 the Daily Sound reports the sad demise of the Santa Barbara Morninglory store on State Street.

Sphere: Related Content
blog comments powered by Disqus